Manager of Student Affairs
- Must possess a strong professional, yet nurturing work ethos
- Must be attracted to the intrinsic rewards of developing a strong supportive relationship with talented scholars from around the world
- Must thrive on making a measurable contribution to a small, dynamic team
Carnegie Mellon University, a top ranked American university is seeking an experienced professional with a passion for working with talented postgraduate students at its campus in Australia, Adelaide.
The Manager of Student Affairs will be a student advocate, who takes ownership of, and pride in providing a broad range of support services to students, while valuing international education and diversity.
This is a hands-on role and the candidate must be capable of providing the high standard of personalised support to students for which CMU Australia is renowned.
- Pre and post departure planning and assistance
- Facilitating housing and accommodation
- Planning, development and implementation of student events
- Alumni relations
- Assistance with writing resumes, job applications and interview techniques
- Assistance with securing internships
- A significant role in the graduation ceremony
The successful applicant must possess:
- Analytical, project management, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong computer literacy
- Record keeping and data management experience
The university is an equal opportunity employer which offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience.
For more information and a copy of the job description please contact Debra Mules on +61 (0)8 8110 9919.
An application, a resume and cover letter, can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing your relevant skills, experience. Previous candidates need not apply. Applications from agencies will not be considered.
Application closing date: 28 October 2010.